Our client is a well-established company that specialises in events, exhibitions and oversea's shows based in Maidstone, Kent.
This position is primarily office based, with some UK and some overseas travel to tradeshows.
The role is one of both account management and creating new business. We have an established client base, and our ratio of repeat business to new business is approximately 80/20. There are 3 distinct streams within the role:
- Account management of our current client database of UK SME's who already exhibit at relevant overseas tradeshows.
- Generating new business - ie recruiting new UK SME's to exhibit at the UK pavilions that we manage
- Selling stand-alone exhibition space at a series of Dubai based ICT events to UK and Nordic companies. This comprises both account management for current exhibitors at these events, and also generating new business.
The above is largely achieved by telephone, with some email marketing as well as an element of face to face discussion either at tradeshows or in meetings.
There is scope to upsell and cross-sell, both across the event programme, and in terms of the scale of participation.
The person - key attributes & experience
We are looking for a number of key attributes in the person fulfilling this role:
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Articulate and intelligent speaker, both on the telephone and face to face
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels - eg from marketing managers to decision makers, and also at senior civil service level
- Ability to cross-sell and upsell
- Excellent relationship-building capabilities
- Computer literate - familiar with database programmes and confident in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Numerate - ability to understand client budgets, be comfortable with working in different currencies (primarily € & US$)
Ideally, the candidate should have experience in a similar role, ideally in exhibitions and events, but definitely within the B2B service industry.
Salary: £23,000. OTE - £30,000+
Private health insurance after 6 months service
AE pension scheme
20 days holiday, rising to a maximum 25 days depending on length of service (excluding bank holidays)
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.